Thursday, June 20, 2013

Suffocate this light

When the headaches get really bad, the thoughts running through my head and banging against the sides of my skull say, "go over the rainbow. Go over the rainbow."
It's actually not hard to do. Just focus on the burning feeling in the front part of my brain, and then I'm there. The smell is the first thing I notice, damp and rich. The walls are lined with books and the lights are soft and warm and yellow, and there's chairs in the corners with blankets and stuff. I can sit there reading books, but I never remember what I read. It's not a dream, it's almost like a place in my brain, but it feels kind of like a dream sometimes.
Finally I know it's safe to leave, and it's like I'm flying before I land back into my head. Sometimes it's still a little sore, but it's not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment